Sunday, August 5, 2012

Freaky Tiki

Tiki bars. Tropical drinks with an umbrella tucked in. What says hot summer nights better than this? We recently stumbled across a huge matching set of black tiki mugs, and I kind of got to thinking about the tiki culture. I know there are tons of people out there who collect the stuff. And I've seen shows about people who have turned their entire house tiki. But what's up in my neighborhood  -- the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area -- as far as the tiki scene goes?

Here are some cool finds you may want to check out:

Foundation Tiki Bar, Milwaukee
At Random (not really a tiki bar, but of the same era), Milwaukee
Tiki Tuesday Boat Tour (haven't done it but sounds fun

If you can afford to travel, the Tiki Oasis in San Diego appears to be where it's at.

And if I were going to Tiki Oasis, here's what I'd wear:
vintage 1950s dress / 50s dress / Brown Tiki Turtle Print Novelty Print Cotton Dress
Tiki turtle dress by Rococo Vintage


SALE -- 50s 60s carved hawaiian tiki shoes size 7-8
White carved Hawaiian shoes by 1Susanfunk1


40's 50's Basket Purse Spain Vintage Box Bag

Basket purse by CuriousFawnVintage

52mm WIDE Vintage 1980's Hawaii Tortoise Shell Cuff Bracelet,7" inch

Tortoise bracelet by MekealohaClassic

Are you tiki crazy? Do you collect anything? I'd love to hear about your tiki obsession!

1 comment:

  1. We are on the same wavelength with that purse.. so much so I now own it! I bought it for a 1940's Tiki Ball just held in Boulder, CO. I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...